BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

What's gonna be here shortly

This is a new adventure for me.  I have never blogged to truly inform people before.

Sure, I've posted stuff on forums.  I've also made a few posts for future reference to myself on things I've done and places I've been to.  But I've never written to the general public in a journalistic fashion before.

When I was growing up, my father would always tell me that he wished I would go into journalism.  I always told him I didn't want to because I didn't want other people telling me what I should write.  Oh, the starving artist attitude reared its ugly head at such a tender age!  Alas, here I am.  Writing to inform.

I live in Yangcheon-gu.  I like it a lot.  It's a high-end gu but it's a pretty good place to live for families and there are quite a few hidden gems.  Quite a few foreigners live here, but they seem pretty disconnected from each other outside of work relationships.  I have only met two long-term residents of the area that are foreigners.

Many people in Yangcheon-gu speak English.  However, finding out useful information about Yangcheon-gu in English is somewhat difficult.  Because I know just a smidgeon of Korean, I manage to get around and do stuff with a decent amount of ease.  Others may not be so lucky.  Still others may not even know what they're missing out on.  Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing out on.  I could be wrong about everything - and if you let me know that it'd be okay.

So this is the introduction post.  I plan to talk about a lot of the places I have visited.  Many of the articles I write may have to go without pictures for awhile because I visited a lot of places when I first came to Korea and I didn't have a camera with me at the time (I lost it in transit.  It was pretty pathetic.)

So bear with me as I go on this journey and I hope you learn a thing or two about the goings-on of Yangcheon-gu.

0 thoughts or suggestions: